Wheelchair ramps can greatly assist the mobility and accessibility of not only wheelchairs, but also scooters, walkers and rollators. Convenient ramps can be easily installed to provide safe, smooth and secure passage over ground level differences in homes, businesses and other locations. Ramps can be either permanent or portable. The advantage of portable ramps is they can be easily transported.
Portable wheelchair ramps are ideal for temporary access over steps, curbs, uneven ground and to smooth out too steep inclines.
Things to consider when purchasing a wheelchair ramp:
- Portable versus permanent
- Required length of the ramp
- Is the wheelchair ramp foldable or collapsible?
- Is it lightweight?
- Costs of installation for permanent wheelchair ramps
- What weight will the wheelchair ramp support?
- If for short term use, consider renting