Ecoideas Selenite Lamp
What is Selenite?
The name selenite comes from the Greek words “selene” meaning “moon,” and “lithos” meaning “stone,” because it was believed to wax and wane with the moon. Selenite, a Gypsum derivative, is formed when seawater is isolated and evaporates, leaving minerals to form into this unique variety of Gypsum. Gypsum is one of the more common minerals in sedimentary environments. Selenite is composed of oxygen, sulphur, hydrogen, calcium and water, which is hydrated calcium sulphate (CaS04.2H20); a common mineral found in sedimentary rocks.
It is believed to be beneficial to the spinal column, skeletal system and muscular structure.* Therefore it is commonly used in children’s rooms for growing bones. Selenite is the form most credited with healing properties.* It has been credited with healing, energy enhancement, mental stimulation, meditation and grounding.* What makes it so unique is its pearly opalescence and fantastic optic qualities due to built-in capillary fibers. Because gypsum has natural insulating properties, it feels warm to the touch.
- Selenite is a stone of spiritual mystery, of mental clarity, and peace. It is said to have a soothing and calming effect.*
- Use Selenite in a grid around your home or in the corners of a room to create a safe and peaceful space.
- Selenite brings mental clarity, clearing confusion and revealing the bigger picture.
- The purest white Selenite has an ethereal quality and is said to dispel negative energy.*
- The grain of the Selenite gives a lustrous shine that goes down the length of the lamp to create a beautiful visual effect.
- Selenite is unique in that it is the only mineral capable of programming quartz crystals.
- Selenite has a water molecule in its crystalline structure and resonates with the water molecules of our bodies. It is from the ancient sea as we are.
Where does Selenite come from?
It is mined in England, Europe and northern Africa. Ecoideas Selenite is brought to you from the mountains of Morocco.
How are Selenite Lamps made?
Explosives and standard mining methods cannot be used when mining Selenite crystals; they must be hand crafted to retain their original structure. Each lamp or tea-light holder is unique, different in shape and size.
What special care does Lamp need?
Selenite is easily chipped and is damaged if exposed to water. Selenite is a soft mineral, and should be kept dry.
Small - 14-17cm / 3-4lbs
Large - 22-26cm / 5-7lbs
These statements have not been evaluated by Health Canada or the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ingredients: Selenite crystals.