Drive Medical Flip a Grip
Falls in the home are one of the most common causes of injury for elderly adults living on their own. One out of every three people over age 65 falls each year and 40% of those admitted to a nursing home due to a fall never return to living independently. Many of these falls result from a change in elevation, such as climbing or descending stairs. For those having difficulty with stairs because of painful arthritis, a recent surgery or injury, or who simply fear falling, the Flip A Grip Doorway Assist Handle can restore confidence and independence by providing a sturdy handle to brace on during difficult tasks. The Flip A Grip assist handle was invented by a physical therapist to help avoid potentially devastating falls. The Flip A Grip can be installed in doorways or other areas of the home where there is not enough space for a large grab bar. The Flip A Grip can be easily installed inside or outside your home, doorways, hallways, bathrooms, stairwells and other areas in homes, assisted living and apartment buildings. And the Flip A Grip folds out of the way when not needed and glows in the dark for extra visibility at night.
Features and Benefits
- Promotes independence
- Glow in the dark, non-slip grip
- Simple to install and folds easily out of the way
- Made of sturdy materials that will last in interior or exterior applications
- Unlike grab bars, allows user to both push down and pull
- Small enough to fit in spaces where a large grab bar will not work, like doorways
- Actual Product Weight: 0.5 lbs
- Folded Dimensions: 1.5" x 1.5" x 7"
- Overall Product Height: 3"
- Overall Product Length: 5.5"
- Overall Product Width: 1.5"
- Primary Product Color: Blue
- Primary Product Material: Steel
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime