Drive Medical Gravity 9 Premium Long Term Care Pressure Redistribution Mattress
When you are bed-ridden or taking care of a bed-ridden individual, few things are as important as choosing the right mattress. Anyone who has taken care of bed-ridden individuals understands that the wrong mattress won’t just be uncomfortable for the individual that's stuck lying on the bed 24/7. It will also increase the chances of developing ulcers and skin problems.
That’s where high-quality products like Drive Medical Gravity 9 Premium Long Term Care Pressure Redistribution Mattress come to your aid. It's designed specifically for people who need to spend most or all of their time in bed and offers an ideal comfort level.
Dimensions, Construction, And Benefits
- Dimensions: 80" (L) x 36" (W) x 6" (H)
- It is built with true memory foam for maximum comfort and multiple die-cut foam layers (latex-free) for better weight distribution.
- The top layers are made-up of visco-elastic memory foam, developed by NASA in the 70s, and it reacts to body temperature and weight. This allows for enhanced weight distribution and long-term comfort.
- The bottom layer is riddled with articulation cuts along the x-axis (y-axis being the length). This allows the top layers to immerse down without damage from the constant weight, increasing the life of the mattress.
- The edges are made of high-density foams, which benefit when the individual is being transferred out or onto the mattress.
- The sloped heel section ensures that they don't experience additional weight when the individual is lying on their back, reducing the probability of heel ulcers.
- The cover is fluid-resistant, making it easier to clean-up. The low-shear and vapor permeable covering make it more comfortable for patients that might sweat a lot. It also reduces friction and protects the skin.
- The overall construction reduces the chances of long-term bed-ridden individuals developing ulcers because of lying all the time in one position.