Wipes Aids and Self Wipes
Those with limited mobility or dexterity often have difficulty properly cleaning themselves after using the toilet.
Today, there are a number of easy wipe toilet aids on the market that greatly aid in this daily hygiene necessity. These toilet wiping aids are used as a toilet aid for the obese, as a wiping aid for the handicapped, and also for the elderly or severely arthritic people who have difficultly achieving a proper clean. This product is suitable for anyone that has difficult to reach or bend.
When choosing a self wipe aid, the features we recommend looking for are:
- portability (in case you need to take it with you)
- does it come with a carrying case
- push button release of the toilet tissue (i.e, you do not need to touch the soiled toilet paper)
- the length of the wipe aid
- the ability to use it with both wet wipes and toilet paper
- ease of cleaning (few crevices and cracks in surface of the wipe aid)
- ease of use
- Light weight
Keep in mind that any toilet aid tong will take a little getting used to and there are a number of easy wipe bottom wipers on the market. The most well known and likely the industry leader in this field is the Buckingham Easywipe. This compact easy wipe has all the features listed above and also is foldable. One drawback to the Buckingham Easywipe is the price tag, as it is at the higher end of the price range. The Parsons Econo Long Reach Comfort Wipe is more reasonable priced, but it has all the features we recommend with the exception of the carrying case.