Molnlycke Mefix Self-Adhesive Fabric Tape - 1" x 11 yrds
SELF ADHESIVE FABRIC
Mefix is the ideal fixation for dressings, swabs, catheters, and tubes. It provides secure fixation and the adhesive is gentle to the skin.
Benefits of Mefix Tape
- Pre-measured protection paper for convenient measurement and cutting
- Perforated split in protection paper for easy handling
- Skin-friendly, waterbased, solvent-free polyacrylate adhesive for secure and gentle fixation
- Soft, elastic nonabsorbent nonwoven for patient comfort
- Mefix can be used in a wide variety of situations where fixation is required, including fixation of dressings, swabs, catheters, and tubes.
How Mefix Dressing Works
The porous structure of the nonwoven fabric ensures air and water vapour permeability. The fabric is flexible, confirms well to body contours, and allows body movements when in place. The fabric is non-absorbent and provides a barrier for blood and fluid strike-through. The water-based polyacrylate adhesive has been designed to be gentle to the skin and at the same time provide secure fixation.
The easy-to-remove protection paper is pre-measured in 10 cm intervals, and has a perforated split for easy removal and application.
Mefix can easily be cut to the desired shape and size. Design Mefix is made of a porous, polyester elastic nonwoven coated with a skin- friendly polyacrylate adhesive providing secure fixation. It is protected by an easy-to-remove, premeasured release liner.
How to Apply Mefix Adhesive Tape
- Cut to appropriate size.
- Separate the two parts of the protection paper by lightly stretching and bending the Mefix.
- Remove the narrow part.
- Apply the part with the exposed adhesive to the skin. remove the remaining protection paper.
- Firmly smooth Mefix to obtain properadhesion.
- Do not stretch Mefix when applying.