Nix Complete Lice Treatment Kit Permethrin Creme Rinse (1%) 2x59mL + Comb
Get all the lice treatment products you need—in one complete and convenient kit. The Nix Complete Lice Treatment Kit provides all the de-lousing tools and information needed to walk you through the entire process of removing lice from your life! Treat lice in 3 easy steps: 1) Treat; 2) Remove and 3) Killing.*
The Nix Complete Lice Treatment System Kit contains
- Nix Crème Rinse
- Nix Lice and Egg Removal Comb and Gel
- BONUS: Lice Killing Spray included
These statements have not been evaluated by Health Canada or the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Directions to Lice Removal
Adults and children 2 months old and older.
- Check each household member with a magnifying glass in bright light for lice/nits (eggs)
- Look for tiny nits near scalp, beginning at back of neck and behind ears
- Examine small sections of hair at a time
- Unlike dandruff which moves when touched, nits stick to the hair
- If either lice or nits are found, treat with Nix Crème Rinse
- Wash hair with a shampoo without conditioner. Do not use a shampoo that contains a conditioner or a conditioner alone since this may decrease the activity of Nix. Rinse with water.
- Towel dry hair so it is damp but not wet
- Shake the bottle of Nix well
- Completely saturate the hair and scalp with Nix. Begin to apply Nix behind the ears and at the back of the neck.
- Keep Nix out of the eyes. Protect the eyes with a washcloth or towel.
- Leave Nix on the hair for 10 minutes, but no longer
- Rinse with warm water
- Towel dry hair and comb out tangles
- If live lice are seen seven days or more after the first treatment, a second treatment should be given
Directions for Combing Gel
- Use after shampooing with lice killing Nix Crème Rinse to promote easy combing and help detangle hair. When you finish combing, rinse hair thoroughly with warm water. Nix Combing Gel does not kill lice and nits. Read all the directions in the Consumer Information Insert before use.
Remove Lice/Nits With Nix Lice Treatment Kit
- Remove nits by combing the hair with the special small tooth comb provided. Remaining nits may be removed by hand (using a throw-away glove), or cutting the nits out.
- Use the nit comb provided and make sure the hair remains slightly damp while removing nits
- If the hair dries during combing, dampen it slightly with water
- Part the hair into 4 sections. Work on one section at a time. Longer hair may take more time (1-2 hours).
- Start at the top of the head on the section you have picked
- With one hand, lift a 1-2 inch wide strand of hair. Get the teeth of the comb as close to the scalp as possible and comb with a firm, even motion away from the scalp to the end of the hair.
- Use clips to pin back each strand of hair after you have combed out the nits
- Clean the comb completely as you go. Wipe the nits from the comb with a tissue and throw away the tissue in a sealed plastic bag to prevent the lice from coming back.
- After combing, recheck the entire head for nits and repeat combing if necessary
- Check the affected head daily to remove any nits that you might have missed