Nix Crème Rinse
Cream Lice Treatment for Head Lice
This Nix lice egg and nit removal cream kills lice and prevents reinfestation.
Applying the mixture to your scalp and hair kills lice at all stages while still being gentle enough for use with children 2 months and older. Drape a towel over your face to catch any cream that may drip from your hair and get into your eyes.
A special comb is also included with the cream to removing the dead nits and lice. To ensure the lice don’t return, recheck your head and recomb if needed for a few days after the treatment.
Signs of lice on head
Lice are tiny insects that nest in your hair and that can be found in various spots including your head, eyebrows, and eyelashes.
One of the most common signs of head lice is itching, which can result in sores. You may also experience a tickling feeling from movement, and find lice and eggs on your scalp.
Nix Cream Rinse Features
- Kills lice and eggs
- Prevents reinfestation for up to 14 days
- Safe for kids 2 months +
- Nit removal comb included
- Pediatrician-recommended brand
How to Treat Lice
- Shampoo hair; do not condition or use a shampoo with conditioner to ensure the lice cream is most effective. Rinse out the shampoo with water.
- Towel dry excess moisture from hair until it’s just damp.
- Shake Nix cream bottle well before use.
- Saturate hair and scalp with cream, then apply behind the ears and at the back of your neck.
- Keep Nix out of your eyes using a washcloth or towel.
- Leave mixture on hair for no longer than 10 minutes, then rinse with warm water
- Towel dry hair and comb out any tangles.
- If live lice are found seven or more days after the first treatment, a second should be given.
How to Get Rid of Lice or Nits
- Comb through hair with the special comb provided to remove nits. Any remaining can be removed by hand while wearing disposable gloves, or by cutting them out.
- Comb through damp hair; if hair dries dampen with water.
- Part hair into four sections and work them one at a time from the top down.
- Lift a 1 – 2-inch strand with one hand as you place the comb as close to the scalp as possible with the other. Comb nits from the scalp down the ends of the hair.
- Pin back each strand you’ve combed through.
- Clean comb thoroughly as you go by removing nits with a tissue and throwing it away in a sealed bag to prevent them from returning.
- Once finished, recheck entire head for any remaining and recomb if necessary.
- Check head daily to catch any you may have missed.
- Purpose: Permethrin 280 mg (1%) - Lice Treatment.
- Balsam Canada, Cetyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, FD&C Yellow No. 6, Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Animal Protein, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polyoxyethylene 10 Cetyl Ether, Propylene Glycol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Water, Isopropyl Alcohol 5.6g (20%), Methylparaben 56mg (0.2%), and Propylparaben 22mg (0.08%)