Ossur AFO Leaf Spring Brace
The AFO Leaf Spring Brace by Ossur is a pre-fabricated ankle and foot orthosis that has been constructed from polypropylene. The Leaf Spring is designed to help people suffering from flaccid drop foot and offer them support. The use of material in the AFO Leaf Spring allows the wearer to enjoy greater levels of comfort and support by creating a very thin and semi-rigid section for toe clearance and support.
Flaccid foot drop is a condition that occurs due to paralysis or muscle weakness, which makes it challenging for an individual to properly move their forefoot region. The condition can cause a person to drag their feet while walking. The AFO Leaf Spring Brace offers support through its semi-rigid structure.
The foot plate is thin and flexible, allowing for easy trimming to ensure a more customized fit for the wearer. There is no heel area in the Leaf Spring Brace, allowing for greater comfort for the wearer, regardless of the shape of their foot. Furthermore, it also ensures a better fit in shoes. The injection-molded polypropylene is a highly lightweight yet durable material, which is able to retain its shape. It has a variable thickness to offer optimal support in the right areas whereas reducing pressure where it isn’t needed.
- No heel section for enhanced comfort levels and allowing different foot types to fit into the brace.
- Easily usable with most types of footwear to make a versatile and convenient orthosis.
- Offers ideal toe clearance and support for people suffering from flaccid foot drop.
- Thickness varies to reduce weight and maximize support and increase the overall strength of the orthosis.
- Lightweight polypropylene construction is durable and effectively retains its shape.
- Thin and semi-rigid footbed area is easy to trim with a pair of scissors to customize the shape for a better fit.
||Foot Plate Length
If you suffer from drop foot, try the Ossur AFO Leaf Spring Brace.