Parsons ADL Uplift Seat Assist
A non-electric, portable raising seat that can lift or lower a user's weight by up to 70%. It can accommodate users weighing up to 230 pounds (104 kg). The Seat Assist's hydro-pneumatic elevating mechanism acts as soon as the user initiates the sit-to-stand motion. The base is made of non-slip material to avoid moving on seated surfaces, and it has a built-in handle for convenient transporting. The Seat Assist is ideal for restaurants, theatres, churches, or even a park bench because it does not require energy. With a washable, waterproof BLACK cover and a plush memory foam cushion. *Please note that the seat will lift up to 70% of the user's weight. This item is not designed to be used with a wheelchair. 8 pounds (3.6 kg) product weight
How To Use Parsons Seat Assist
- Slide your bottom all the way to the chair's front edge.
- Sit up straight now that you've reached the chair's edge.
- Pull your feet back under the front edge of the chair underneath you with your knees bent.
- Place your feet shoulder width apart on the floor.
- If your chair has armrests, put your hands near the front of the armrests. Place your hands beside your thighs at the front edge of your chair or on the tops of your thighs if you don't have armrests.
- Lean forward from the hips while maintaining a straight back. This is a critical stage! Gravity can actually assist you in standing up if you lean forward far enough. During this stage, your head should move forward.
- Press your heels into the floor as you lift yourself up with your legs and arms while bending forward.
- Make sure your legs are straight. Straighten your hips by raising your head. You've completed the task! You've gotten off the ground!
- Another simple advice for standing up from a seated posture is to think about the type of chair you're sitting in. As you stand up, switching from a soft squishy chair to a seat helper will provide you with greater support.
Seat will lift up to 70% of a user's weight. Not intended for use with a wheelchair
About Parsons ADL
Whether you have arthritis, a hip replacement, or are disabled, we can help. Whether you're caring for a loved one who is returning home from the hospital or has a proclivity for wandering... Whether you're looking for assistive goods for your clients who have a variety of disabilities... Parsons ADL Inc. offers you over 1100 new items to better your daily lives through our growing Dealer Network of over 800 home healthcare specialists across Canada and the United States. Our delivery timeframes are among the best in the business because many of our items are designed, manufactured, and assembled on-site at our factory north of Toronto.
Our expertise and outstanding client service are our trademarks. But, above all, we appreciate the relationships we've created with our customers and suppliers over the course of our 30+ years in business in Canada.
We will continue to work hard to give practical answers for individuals who require our services.