Abreva Cold Sore Treatment
Abreva Cold Sore Treatment Cream - 2g Pump is the product of years of rigorous scientific study. Dedicated research and development has created a solution that is not only simple to use, but also clinically proven to shorten healing time.* Abreva with docosanol, helps block entry of the cold sore virus into surrounding cells and reduces the duration of pain, burning, itching and/or tingling.*
Abreva works faster to shorten cold sore healing time.* In fact, median healing time of a cold sore with Abreva is 4.1 days used at the first sign, whereas if left untreated, a cold sore can last approximately 8-10 days.
How Cold Sore Treatment Cream Works
- Based on laboratory studies, Abreva works by penetrating deep into the skin to the source of the spreading virus.
- Abreva blocks the virus and provides a barrier to protect healthy skin cells.
- Take action at the first tingle and use Abreva.
Tips to use Abreva Cold Sore Treatment Cream
- Don't wait: Apply Abreva Cream at the first sign of a tingle, bump, or itch for the best results. Don’t wait until a blister or scab forms.
- Keep it clean: Remove any cosmetics before applying Abreva Cream. Always wash your hands with soap and water before and after treating your cold sore so the virus doesn’t spread to other parts of your body.
- Use makeup carefully: You can apply cosmetics, like lipstick, over Abreva Cream after it has been rubbed in completely. Always use a separate makeup applicator, like a cotton swab, to avoid spreading the virus.
- Follow the label or ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Cold sores are contagious. Don’t share your Abreva tube or pump with anybody else.
These statements have not been evaluated by Health Canada or the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.