Anbesol Exra Strength Gel 20% Topical Anesthetic
Anbesol Exra Strength Gel 20% Topical Anesthetic is for temporary pain relief of canker sores, cold sores, toothaches, denture irritation, sun and fever blisters and brace pain.*
Canker sores have been a painful puzzle for a long time. And without a reliable form of treatment and prevention, people have had to put up with the pain. Part of this problem is due to a lack of understanding of what canker sores actually are. Some believe that stress, nutritional or immune deficiencies, or certain foods play an important role.
Canker sores can affect anyone; in fact, they affect 50% of people at least once in their life. They're not contagious, but the small sore inside your mouth can make chewing, talking and drinking an uncomfortable experience. Canker sores usually go away in one to two weeks, but with Anbesol, you don't have to put up with the pain for even a day.*
Adults and children over 2 years:
- To open tube, cut tip with scissors.
- Apply Gel to the affected area 3 to 4 times daily, as needed.
- For denture irritation: Apply to affected area and do not reinsert dental work until irritation/pain is relieved.
- Rinse mouth before reinserting.
- Do not use in children under 2 years old. For topical use only; do not ingest. In case of accidental ingestion, contact a doctor immediately.
- Use smallest amount possible to achieve desired result.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Use with caution in children above 2 years old. If condition persists for more than 7 days, discontinue use and consult a doctor or dentist.
- Do not use if tube tip is not sealed. Store at room temperature (1530 ְC).
- This product may not be right for you. Always read and follow the packaging instructions carefully.
These statements have not been evaluated by Health Canada or the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Medicinal Ingredient: Benzocaine 20% w/w USP.
Non-medicinal Ingredients: Benzyl alcohol, carbomer, D&C yellow No. 10, FD&C blue No. 1, FD&C red No. 40, flavour, glycerin, methylparaben, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, saccharin.